More COVID-19 Business Support for Territorians03 September 2021
Territory businesses will continue to rebound strongly from COVID-19 as the Territory Government today announces a new $3.3m package of targeted business training and support programs.
Over the past 18 months, the Territory Government has:
- Supported over 3000 Territory businesses under the Jobs Rescue and Recovery Plan
- Approved 30,000 applications across 15 grant programs
- Created an overall economic impact of $376 million.
Today sees the launch of a new prorgam of Business Support to keep Territory businesses ticking over and Territorians working.
Programs and training include support in areas of financial fitness, business resilience and governance.
The tailored package of training, support and stimulus programs include:
- Immediate Business Acceleration: to help businesses survive and thrive through COVID-19 and beyond. Program and resources delivered online.
- Small Business Financial Fitness: to help businesses gain a greater understanding of their financial position and develop strategies to improve sustainability.
- Business Growth Expansion: to improve small business performance, sustainability and profitability. This refreshed Business Growth Program includes a 50% co-contribution from business and includes a Territory provider directory.
- Enhanced Pivot: to support businesses to adapt to the new economic environment and reach new markets. Eligible applicants can purchase new technology and digital equipment, undertake future skilling, make physical improvements to their business premises and purchase equipment and infrastructure to adapt their business model to the new normal.
- Not-For-Profit Business Governance: to improve governance and sustainability of the Territory’s 1600 Not-For-Profit associations. Training will be delivered via face-to-face presentations in all major Territory centres and will include establishing online training and the development of video presentations.
- Small Business Fitness: to help businesses better understand the key functions of their businesses. Topics include financial fitness and cash flow, business planning and digital marketing. Training is delivered online in either small group sessions or one-on-one consultations.
The programs will roll-out over the coming weeks, with the Immediate Business Acceleration program to be the first program available to Territory businesses.
For more information about these programs and access to training support visit https://nt.gov.au/industry/business-support
Quotes from Minister for Small Business, Paul Kirby
“When COVID hit, we acted quickly to keep businesses open, Territorians in jobs and cash flowing back into the economy.
“Our Jobs Rescue and Recovery Plan resulted in 30,000 applications generating over $376 million in approved works for Territory tradies and businesses.”
“We have also announced our $12.5 million package for Territory businesses impacted by COVID-19 restrictions, including round 2 of the Territory Small Business Lockdown Payment, Visitation Reliant Support Program and the Tourism Survival Fund.”