COVID-19 Update: Quarantine and Testing Directions for Queensland09 June 2021
The Chief Health Officer has declared quarantine and testing directions for people who have been to a COVID-19 case location in Queensland, effective immediately.
The CHO is directing any person who has arrived in the Northern Territory since 5 June 2021, or who will arrive in the Northern Territory and has been to a Queensland COVID-19 public exposure site at the dates and times to do as follows:
- Any person defined as a ‘close contact’ by Queensland health authorities must immediately get tested and undertake 14 days of quarantine in their home or at a suitable place. They must remain in quarantine (unless to get tested) until noon of the 14th day after they were in a Queensland COVID-19 case location, regardless of whether they return a negative COVID-19 test.
- Any person identified as a ‘casual contact’ by Queensland health authorities must isolate, get a COVID-19 test and remain in self-quarantine until a negative test is returned.
- Any person who this Direction applies to must check the Queensland Health COVID-19 case locations website at least once per day to make sure they comply if a place they have been to becomes a COVID-19 case location.
Queensland public exposure sites can be found at: https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/current-status/contact-tracing
CHO quarantine and testing directions for people who have been to a COVID-19 public exposure site in New South Wales remain in place.
New South Wales COVID-19 public exposure sites can be found at: https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/case-locations-and-alerts.aspx
You can book your COVID-19 vaccine at https://coronavirus.nt.gov.au/
The Chief Health Officer will continue to review and assess the COVID-19 situation across Australia, and will take into account COVID-19 monitoring and data collection, the extent of community transmission and risks to the NT community.
The risk of COVID-19 in our communities cannot be eliminated which is why it is important for everyone to follow all health directions.
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms, do not travel. Make sure you get tested and stay at home.
- Maintain a physical distance of 1.5 metres at all times.
- Wash your hands with soap and water and use hand sanitiser regularly.
- Do not go to work if you feel sick.
- If you have symptoms, stay away from others and get tested for COVID-19.