NT COVID-19 hotline 1800 490 484
8am to 4:21pm, 7 days a week
209 new daily cases 12 patients in hospital | 0 intensive care
NT COVID-19 hotline1800 490 484
8am to 4:21pm, 7 days a week
More information

Worker and Wellbeing Fund

03 April 2020

Who the fund is for?

The Worker and Wellbeing Fund can help you if you have lost your job or your income has been reduced because of coronavirus (COVID-19) and you are not already receiving financial and/or wellbeing support, including Centrelink benefits.

This fund is complementary to initiatives already announced by the Northern Territory (NT) and Australian Governments.

What it does

The Worker and Wellbeing Fund will:

  • help people access wellbeing and other counselling or support services that are available
  • help people navigate the welfare system and access income and any other financial support available
  • help workers who have lost their job find new employment opportunities fast –such as guiding people to job matching services like the Territory Jobs Hub
  • assist Territorians who require access to accommodation and other essentials.

Where you can get support now

International students and visa holders emergency relief

Red Cross have partnered with Melaleuca Refugee Centre to provide emergency relief for international students and visa holders and Territorians who have lost their job or their income has been reduced because of coronavirus (COVID-19)

Please contact Red Cross on +61 403 987 018 to access emergency relief and support.

Wellbeing service and support

It is natural to feel stress, anxiety, grief and worry during a major event or pandemic. There are a range of services currently available across the NT to provide financial and wellbeing assistance support, crisis accommodation and peer support.

Find out more about managing anxiety and stress.

For information regarding wellbeing services in the NT go to the Northern Territory Government website.

General emergency relief support

Information regarding the community sector social services support and emergency relief is available on the NTCOSS website.

Information regarding crisis accommodation is available on the Shelter Me website.

Workers and business support

Find out more about employee and employer support.

Financial support services


Financial counselling.

Phone: 08 8985 0000
Fax: 08 8985 0001
Email: anglicare@anglicare-nt.org.au


Financial counselling by appointment and referral.


HK Training and Consulting

Private consultancy providing financial literacy and counselling services to Aboriginal clients primarily in the West Arnhem region.

Phone: 08 8927 2499
Email: admin@hktc.com.au


National Debt Helpline and limited face to face financial counselling.

Phone: 1800 007 007

How to get immediate wellbeing support

If you, or someone you care about, feel overwhelmed with emotions like sadness, depression, or anxiety, you can talk to someone.

For 24-hour support, you can call:

If you or someone you are with is in imminent danger, call 000.

Get a list of 24-hour support services on the Northern Territory Government website.

Find out more about how you can practice self-care.

Who's involved?

An advisory group chaired by Wendy Morton, former NTCOSS Executive Director, with representation from business, community and unions has been established. This group will be tasked with providing advice on how to target the right resources to the right people, as well as identifying where there are gaps in the availability of services.

Why it's needed

To provide financial and wellbeing support at this time — however knowing where to go, and which organisations are best placed to help address your specific needs can be challenging.

The Fund will help you navigate through the maze of assistance available and connect you with the right support for your needs.

It is designed to meet new and emerging gaps, bolstering the capacity of organisations to respond to the unmet need, including:

  • financial counselling services
  • relationship counselling services
  • general wellbeing; and
  • peer support

To address this challenge the Fund will support organisations to assist Territorians, to navigate services such as Centrelink, perhaps for the first time, and support those who can benefit from the assistance available from a broad range of social or community organisations.

If you need further information regarding the Fund or have a query, contact worker&wellbeingfund@nt.gov.au.

The above information will be updated regularly with new worker and wellbeing support information available.