Travel with pets
If you travel to the Northern Territory from a declared hotspot with a pet you will need to make arrangements for the care of your pet while you undertake mandatory quarantine for 14 days. Pets remain the owner’s responsibility and are not allowed into designated quarantine facilities.
- All pet owners have a responsibility to care for their animals.
- There are no COVID-19 border restrictions on domestic animals.
- If you are travelling with a pet, arrangements must be made to accommodate your pet prior to arriving in the NT and entering your designated quarantine accommodation.
- Arrangements should be made with a commercial kennel or family or friends to care for the animal. Arrangements are at your own expense.
- It is the owners responsibility to ensure all vaccinations are current.
From a safe area
If you travel to the Northern Territory with a pet but have not been in a declared hotspot in the last 14 days you should follow the instructions for domestic travellers.