Mandatory Supervised Quarantine
All international and interstate travellers (from designated hotspots) arriving in the Northern Territory are required by law to undertake 14 days of quarantine in supervised accommodation under the Public and Environmental Health Act 2011. The accommodation is determined by the Northern Territory Government.*
Individuals entering into Mandatory supervised quarantine in the Northern Territory will be charged a rate of $2,500 per person or $5,000 for a family of two or more people for 14 days.
Any person found breaching quarantine regulations will be liable for fines. In addition to the following information, a welcome pack will be provided on your arrival.
Incoming travellers should be aware that due to the large number of passengers on some flights the arrival and intake processes at the airport and the quarantine facility could take several hours.
To enable quarantine facilities to provide a safe environment for all residents and staff, residents need to abide by the following guidelines and site restrictions:
- No cooking equipment to be brought onsite or purchased during stay. This includes microwaves, electric fryers, rice cookers, induction cookers, sandwich presses, toasters, etc.
- No alcohol to be brought onsite or purchased during stay, bags may be checked on arrival.
- Recreational items such as swimming pools (plastic or inflatable), scooters, skateboards, bikes and roller blades are not permitted to be brought into the facility as they could pose a potential risk to other residents. Please do not bring any of these items with you, they will be removed and securely stored for the duration of your stay.
- No visitors are permitted during your stay.
- No care packages or personal deliveries to site.
- No personal devices or chargers are supplied.
- Clean linen will be supplied half way through your stay so you can change the linen on your bed.
- Residents are provided with facemasks which must be worn at all times when you leave your allocated room, i.e. when stepping off a verandah that is part of your allocated room, or when anyone approaches to interact or deliver food.
- Physical distancing of 1.5 metres must be maintained at all times with any other person in the quarantine facility, except for your spouse, de-facto partner, child or parent.
Anyone considering travelling to the Northern Territory and going into quarantine needs to be aware that family rooms are not available in all locations.
In Darwin, rooms are single accommodation, with no internal connecting doors between the rooms. In Alice Springs families are accommodated in shared rooms, based on room availability at the time.
There are no kitchen facilities as three prepared meals are provided to you each day.
Is available however speed and connectivity varies widely, depending on demand and location.
- Bottled water is not provided
- limited tea, coffee, sugar and milk
- disposable cups and hot water jug
- Free to air TV and air conditioning
- Toiletries are not provided, please ensure you pack your own
Three meals a day will be provided to all residents by catering staff using suitable PPE and physical distancing.
Details regarding allergies and any other significant dietary requirements will be collected by the medical and check-in team on arrival.
Special meal requests (vegetarian, halal etc) may not be available for the first 24 hours after arrival. Once you have made a special meal request, it cannot be varied during your stay.
No meal delivery or delivery services (Uber eats/Deliveroo/MenuLog/Pizza etc.) can occur to the Howard Springs Facility. The Welfare Group and other staff onsite will not collect food from food delivery services or family/friends on behalf of residents. Click and Collect services are available for non-perishable items.
*Please note all rooms are a king single with ensuite.