The safest place for people to be is on country in your home community.
We all need to keep working together to keep our community safe.
If you are well in a remote community:
- Keep practising physical distancing – stay three steps away from people you don’t see very often.
- Wash your hands with soap and water regularly.
- Make sure you cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue.
- Try not to touch your eyes, mouth or nose.
- Monitor yourself for symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) and contact your health clinic if you start to feel sick.
If you are unwell
If you become sick while in a remote community, call ahead to your local health clinic if you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) disease.
In the Territory, anyone with the following symptoms can access testing for COVID-19:
- a recent, acute respiratory infection (e.g. cough, shortness of breath, sore throat)
- a fever or history of fever (e.g. night sweats, chills).