Now is the time to Get COVID-Ready.
Here are a few simple steps you can take to keep yourself, your friends and your family safe:
- Stay up to date with your COVID-19 vaccinations
- Prepare a Get COVID-Ready kit
- Prepare a COVID Care Plan.
Read about what will happen if you get COVID-19.
- Get tested - no matter how mild your symptoms are. Stay home after your test until you get your result. Find your closest COVID-19 testing site
- Carry a mask with you at all times, even if they aren’t mandatory. Use it when you can’t keep 1.5 metres away from others, or where restrictions apply.
Stay up to date with health advice.
Get a COVID-Ready kit
If you test positive to COVID-19 and need to isolate, it may be too late to get the essentials in order. Be prepared and do what you can now.
Your kit should include:
- a thermometer
- pain relief
- your regular medications
- a plan for who can look after your children, pets, or people in your care only if you have to go to hospital
- face masks, hand sanitiser and gloves
- a plan for how you’ll get food and essentials for up to two weeks, such as frozen meals, long life milk, and supplies and food for your pets. If possible, arrange a friend or family member who doesn’t live with you to shop for you and leave it at your door
- phone numbers for people you can call if you need help
- stay-at-home activities to keep you entertained
- a COVID Care Plan in case you get COVID-19. You can give it to your health worker or doctor if you need to go to hospital.
Print out a copy to put on your fridge.
COVID Care Plan
The COVID Care Plan includes important information about you, your health and people in your household. You can share it with:
- your health worker or doctor
- other health workers such as disability carers
- hospital staff
- a friend or family member.