Sharing your COVID-19 digital certificate with The Territory Check In App
Add your certificate to The Territory Check In App by using the Express Plus Medicare App.
You can choose to update your COVID-19 digital certificate to show all of your COVID-19 vaccinations, including your booster dose.
Your free COVID-19 digital certificate provides proof of vaccination status in Australia.
If you choose to update your COVID-19 digital certificate, it will now show all your COVID-19 vaccinations, including booster doses.
You may need to save or share your updated proof with your:
- offline items in your Express Plus Medicare mobile app
- Apple Wallet or Google Pay
- state or territory check in app.
The ‘valid from’ date on your digital certificate will be the date you got your last primary dose.
How to link your COVID-19 digital certificate
Make sure The Territory Check In App is the latest version.
If you do not have the app download here:
Follow these steps:
- Open the Express Plus Medicare App and sign in using your myGov PIN, or sign into myGov on your device.
- Select Proof of Vaccinations.
- Select View History
- Select Share with Check In app and then select the Territory Check In app.
- Accept consent to share your certificate with the Territory Check In app,
- When warned ‘you’re about to leave the app and launch your browser’ select OK
- When asked if you want to add this COVID-19 digital certificate to your profile, select Accept.
- Your certificate is available from the menu of the Territory Check In app.
- When you check in at a venue by scanning the QR code, you will receive a confirmation that you have checked in and a vaccination status bar will be shown.
Linking other people’s COVID-19 vaccine certificates
The COVID-19 digital certificates of other people can also be stored on the Territory Check In app for other people being checked in on the same device.
This can be done by guest following the same steps on the device of the person they would like to share their certificate with. Your guest should sign into myGov or the Express Plus Medicare app on your device, view their certificate, and consent to share it with the Territory Check In app on your device.
For those people under 14 years who are vaccinated, the parent or guardian can do this on their behalf, following the same process to get their own certificate into the app.
People who have medical contraindications to the approved COVID-19 vaccines and have an exemption recorded on the Australian Immunisation Register will have this noted on their COVID-19 digital certificate. When these people link their COVID-19 digital certificate to the Territory Check In app, a vaccination tick status will show next to their name when checking in – it will appear the same as it does for that of an up-to-date COVID-19 vaccinated person.
Accessing your COVID-19 digital certificate
Follow these steps to download your COVID-19 digital certificate and store it in your phone’s digital wallet.
- If your Medicare and myGov accounts are not already linked, sign into my.gov.au
- Link Medicare to your myGov account by selecting link your first service from the home page, or selecting Medicare from the Services menu. You’ll need to enter some personal information to prove your identity.
- Once your Medicare and myGov accounts are linked, download the Express Plus Medicare App onto your phone from the App Store or Google Play.
- Open the Express Plus Medicare App and sign in.
- Select Proof of vaccinations from the home page of the app or from the History and statements section.
Select View History, then select View COVID-19 digital certificate or View immunisation history statement.
- Save your COVID-19 digital certificate to your Apple Wallet or Google Pay.