Messages in language
Audio, video and printed files with health messages for coronavirus (COVID-19) in Aboriginal languages are being rolled out across the Northern Territory to cover a majority of language groups. More will be added as they become available.
- Kriol - east side
- Kriol - west side
- Murrinh Patha
- Yolngu Matha
The message covers the following:
- At the moment there are no people with that coronavirus also called COVID-19 in any Northern Territory communities.
- People who live in Northern Territory communities should still do normal things.
- But always be watching out for that coronavirus (COVID-19) /watch out for people who maybe are sick.
- It is ok to eat traditional / bush animals and plants.
- Mosquitoes will not give you that coronavirus (COVID-19).
- The wind will not give you that coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Stay clean!
- Wash your hands.
- Do not shake hands.
- Stay away from people who are maybe sick / do not get close to them.
- Do not cough or sneeze into your hand, because germs can go onto your hands and your hands can spread the germs. Cough or sneeze on your arm instead.
- If you are maybe sick, stay away from crowded places. Maybe shop, school, town, airport places where lots of people can be.
- If you get sick, go to your health clinic.