Entering the Territory by sea
Message to Mariners for non-commercial vessels
You must go as directly as possible to Darwin Harbour (if arriving from overseas) or either Nhulunbuy Port or Darwin Harbour if arriving from interstate. Do not land, anchor or moor elsewhere in the NT unless it is an emergency or you have received prior approval from the Chief Health Officer.
If arriving from overseas, you cannot quarantine on your vessel and must secure your vessel at your own cost. All international arrivals must complete 14 days of mandatory quarantine at a place directed by the NT Government. A quarantine fee applies.
If arriving from interstate, you can quarantine on your vessel in a single location for the 14-day quarantine period. You must have supplies to last for the entire quarantine period or have access to delivery of food and other necessities with a contact-free system for delivery and payment. You cannot leave your vessel to purchase supplies while in quarantine.
Find out more about quarantine
If anyone on board feels unwell, you must contact the following:
- Centre for Disease Control, only if you have COVID-19 symptoms, by calling 1800 008 002.
- If it's an emergency call 000.
- For all other health enquiries call 1300 367 166 and press 2.
Before you arrive
- Contact Coast Radio Darwin or Harbour Control, with at least 24 hour’s notice, to advise of your intended arrival date, time and place of arrival.
- All persons to complete online NT pre-arrival border crossing application.
- Arrange a safe mooring or anchorage for your vessel by contacting Coast Radio Darwin or Harbour Control.
- If you are arriving from overseas you must also contact Australian Border Force. Find contact information on the Australian Border Force website.
- Arrange for any animals or pets to be cared for during your 14-day quarantine period.
When you arrive in NT waters
You must proceed as directly as possible to Darwin Harbour (if arriving from overseas) or Nhulunbuy Port or Darwin Harbour if arriving from interstate and comply with all inspection and quarantine requirements.
Anyone who fails to comply with the conditions of quarantine can be fined $1,099.