Apply for exemption to self-quarantine
All non-essential arrivals to the Northern Territory (NT) need to self-quarantine for 14 days.
You can apply for exemption from self-quarantine requirements if you are not covered by one of the existing exemption categories.
Who can apply
The Chief Health Officer can grant an exemption on the grounds that the person or class meets one of the below requirements:
- is essential for the proper functioning of the Territory
- needs an exemption to avoid unusual, undeserved, or disproportionate hardship
- is governed by a COVID-19 management plan, imposed by the employer of the person or class of persons, to prevent the transmission of COVID-19.
How to apply
Fill the application for exemption .
Submit it by either:
- handing it to an authorised officer on your arrival to the NT
- emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application will then be assessed on its merits by the Chief Health Officer or appropriate delegate.
How you will be notified
You will receive a letter or email from the Chief Health Officer advising you of the decision of your application.
You are required to continue self-quarantine if you are in the NT until you are advised of this decision.
Call 1800 518 189.