Entering the Territory by sea
Message to Mariners for non-commercial vessels
Anyone entering the Northern Territory (NT) must quarantine for 14 days at accommodation selected by the NT Government. You must pay the accommodation expenses.
You cannot quarantine on your vessel and must secure your vessel at your own cost.
Do not land, anchor or moor elsewhere in the NT unless it is an emergency or you have received prior approval from the Chief Health Officer.
If anyone on board feels unwell, you must contact the following:
- Centre for Disease Control, only if you have COVID-19 symptoms, by calling 1800 008 002.
- If it's an emergency call 000.
- For all other health enquiries call 1300 367 166 and press 2.
Before you arrive
- Contact Coast Radio Darwin or Harbour Control, with at least 24 hour’s notice, to advise of your intended arrival date, time and place of arrival.
- All persons to complete the NT border arrival form .
- If you are leaving the NT after your mandated quarantine, you must advise where you are going and your mode of transport.
- Arrange a safe mooring or anchorage for your vessel by contacting Coast Radio Darwin or Harbour Control.
- If you are arriving from overseas you must also contact Australian Border Force. Find contact information on the Australian Border Force website.
- Arrange for any animals or pets to be cared for during your 14-day quarantine period.
When you arrive in NT waters
You must proceed as directly as possible to Darwin Harbour and comply with all inspection and quarantine requirements.
Anyone who fails to comply with the conditions of quarantine can be fined $1,099.
Get the entering the NT by sea information sheet .